Thursday, October 22, 2009

All sorts of updates!

I was in the Couple Coma for a long time, I see! Sorry about that, but it's totally understandable. I have the best boyfriend in the world and I do love spending time with him instead of updating this blog. We've been dating five months now and it just keeps getting better. He's getting his own horse; she comes home next month after she weans the filly she had by surprise this spring.

I moved my horses to a new barn. I now have my own four stall building and private pasture. And last night I bought a round bale feeder that's going to be custom modified for my needs. It's a cow feeder and I don't want my horses to rub their manes off in it...but Travis' dad welds, and has agreed to help me with this project. We're going to slice it off at the bottom and make the head-sticking-through part with the diagonal bars the bottom, so it will essentially just be a ring sitting on the ground to keep the horses from walking through the hay bale. I'll set a pallet under the bale to try to maintain the mud and rainwater absorption as well.

Dillon's started his riding career. He's now had three different people on board. We haven't asked for much yet but everything we've tried he's accepted. I swear, this horse was Born Broke.

Tule has been learning to be a barrel racer! We've gone once and are going again on Nov. 7th. He loves having something to do and I think it's about the most fun I've ever had.

Pepper pulled a muscle in her leg or butt or lower back and has been lame for a few weeks. We pulled her shoes and are going to let her have the winter off to recover. My son can canter bareback now and it's just a matter of time before Pepper just retires into Pet of the Year mode.

And that's all for now! Back to the pasture for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment