Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Groundhog Day!

And I didn't get to see my horses today, darn it! Well that's not entirely true, I did get to see "my" Belgians today. I count myself incredibly lucky to have gotten this job, but I sure do wish I worked more than just eight shifts a month.

I am so, so, so sore from yesterday though. I really had an incredible lesson with Tule, but I'm paying for it now. And I can't believe this, but I have bruises on the insides of my knees!

It's supposed to snow tomorrow, but that isn't going to keep me away from the barn. I have until July to get my self into top form on horseback, and that means riding every day I'm not physically located elsewhere by financial needs (i.e., my job). I might only saddle up for a few laps around the arena, but I'm doing it.

I'm taking Dillon and Tule to a clinic in July. We'll do colt starting with Dillon in the mornings, and horsemanship with Tule in the afternoons. I'll be in the saddle for hours, working hard, three days in a row. Therefore, my tushie is getting into SHAPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment